Open source JDBC 3.0 type 4 driver for Microsoft SQL Server (6.5 up to 2012) and Sybase ASE. jTDS is a complete implementation of the JDBC 3.0 spec and the fastest JDBC driver for MS SQL Server. For more information see http://jtds.sourceforge.net/
- Download the latest “jTDS – SQL Server and Sybase JDBC driver” from here :
- Unzip the driver, giving you a “jtds-1.3.1.jar” file.
- Open SQL Developer and navigate to “Tools > Preferences > Database > Third Party JDBC Driver”.
- Click the “Add Entry…” button and highlight the “jtds-1.3.1.jar” file and click the “Select” button.
- Click the “OK” button to exit the “Preferences” dialog.
- When you create a new connection, you will notice “SQLServer” and “Sybase” tabs have now appeared. Enter the connection details and test the connection.